Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Departures

A few weeks ago Mr. Frodo disappeared. I came into my classroom and did my usual morning search for him but couldn't find him. I looked in all the usual spots. However, there was a report that a student had found a frog that looked just like Mr. Frodo in the hallway and released it. I have hope that Mr. Frodo is out there somewhere and safe in his natural habitat. But still sometimes I look out my window with the hope that I'll see him waiting on the other side of it.

The sad departure of our dear friend has served as a way for my students and I to bond over a common interest. Sometimes they'll come into my classroom as I am grading papers and they'll tell me how much they miss him. Yesterday I had a student, whom I don't know, come up to me with the most serious face and say, "Mr. Sam, do you want another frog? We'll catch you one." He looked like he was ready to take a vow, stopping at nothing until Mr. Sam's classroom was restored with a new frog.

This is finals week and we have only 2 more days until summer vacation starts for the students. So in honor of my students and the closing of a good first semester, here are some pictures, some funnies, and brutally honest but equally hilarious essays from my students.

My Students and Me

They call me Mr. Potato

In memory of Mr. Frodo

Where did "food" come from? 


The students had to write a paragraph describing a person of their choice. A few of them chose me. I don't know if they were trying to grease the wheels for easy points or if they were trying to be funny. But they certainly accomplished the latter.






This one is touching. 










Kids are so funny. 


And finally, in honor of Mr. Frodo, here is a cool video of him vs. a grasshopper on my laptop screen. This was the day before he left us.


1 comment:

  1. "maybe he is short"

    AAHAAAAHAHA

    Yo these are awesome. So proud of you man!

    ReplyDelete